View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 06:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I had my tubes tied in '03 at age 39. The pill worked fine for me and I never had any sort of female problems, but I did have a high stroke risk - so needed to get off the pill.

Of course any surgery hurts for a couple days, so I had that. But it went very well and I had not problems, recovered fast and fully.

At 45 (last year) I started menapause. Kind of young I think, but that's fine with me.

The ob/gyn who performed the surgery for me sat me down 3 times and seriously discussed the complications that could arise. If I had experienced what you are going through, I think he would have seen me right away and done more for me than told me to take tylenol.

But when I did okay, he told me that this is th outcome we hope for - a good one. It's not always what we get, but we hope to. He just likes people to be prepared in case something goes wrong, so they know to go see him. Better to catch it before it gets out of hand.

Please get back to the doc, okay? Keep calling and speaking up until they do something and make sure you are okay.