View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 12:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks all for the advice! I'm already down 11 pounds in 2 days since I've stopped taking Lyrica. I'm trying to eat lots of bananas and keep my body full of vitamins so I don't get sick, but I can definietly feel the "ick" coming on from losing all of this water so quickly. Still very very puffy though. Edema stinks. No, The doctor did not test my kidneys before the medication. He did do blood work as I suggested due to heavy night sweats (changed clothes 4 times a night soaking wet), weight gain and no libido I thought it might be my thyroid or hormones. Blood test came back normal. I was taking Cymbalta 90 mg 2 times a day and along with the Requip he thought that was causing all of the sweating and put me on the dreaded Lyrica which didn't work out so well for me...... he said that was the last thing to try for Fibro. We've tried all else. I am having terrible headaches now that I'm off Lyrica - also probably due to the water loss - any suggestions to help the headache? I have had trouble with kidneys before - low Creatin level and also had a time where I couldn't pee at all and was on a pee bad for a month! Boy did that stink! There was no explaination for it at all...
I did purchase a sub-lingual B-12 the other day. I have read lots about the importance of B vitamins, especially 12, so I hope it helps. Happy New Year!
leelee028 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote