View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 12:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had a look Mel, It says a " powerfull 1000 gauss " which is relativley weak in gauss readings, and good quality stainless steel has no magnetic properties at all, only if its poor quality stainlees steel it will attract to the magnet, but all the same the principle of it would probably give a massaging affect, which is good for circulation, same as when you massage Allan he finds relief from it when you do that for him, but its value is short lived unfortunatly.

The differance with good strong magnet/s is, its stays on all the time creating constant circulation 24/7, i don't mean any magnetic devices, like magnetic pillows, neck bands and all that rubbish, i mean magnets that are applied directly to the skin [ with a small piece of moleskin underneath the magnet to stop any magnetic burn ] and using strong waterproof adhesive tape to keep it on.
At this present moment i have a few magnets on my hip, because i am having a total hip replacement early this year, the 2 steriod injections they give me helped but it wasn't untill i put some magnets on that i have found any real relief and my hip joint is bone on bone, no cartlidge left.
They have helped me so much over many years, thats why i talk about them so much, you know that magnet therapy has been around for over 500 years.
so thats my 2 cents worth
its 5 am now so i think i better hit the sack.
Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote