View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KJ* View Post
RR, the sad part is that I think I knew/know that. Problem is, what's the solution...I know he now feels embarrassed, probably for more than one reason, and on more than one level, so seems there is really just one thing to figure out. That is how to avoid this in the future...I can only think of one way...short of solving the fight or flight response issue.
I dont know what the solution is, if you find that solution let me know, I could use it! I am 25 and still get like that, in crowded stores, like walmart, it has me running for the exit. Lauren has trouble leaving her apartment, and I know most people on the spectrum have problems like this, not sure if there is a easy fix. Pretty much my only solution is to have a exit plan, some place were I can go to stay calm. Maybe it would be okay for Coley to leave the group to calm himself down so that he can join the group again after he is calm? maybe it will take some of the stress off the situation, knowing he can have a temporary 'flight' and get it out of his system?
That might not be the best way to deal with it, but that is the only stratigy I have
Sorry I am not much help, I really dont know what to say, maybe pegs, keggy or some other members that are here will be by to give you some great advice
roadracer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote