Thread: Concussion?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 02:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussion?

5 days ago (25th), I struck a branch while biking (bike malfunctioned). It was a pretty serious blow right at the eyebrow level.

It was a right-on blow and it knocked me out of my seat. I didn't lose consciousness and I wasn't confused, I was just stunned a little bit for a couple of seconds, I got up, I made sure nothing was broken, I went back home & cleaned my wound (cuts on my face).

It was a pretty hard blow but I seemed okay and I didn't go to the doctor. I was completely fine for about 4-5 days after which I started feeling what seem like concussion/post-concussion symptoms. Slight dizziness, sometimes it's hard to focus my vision. I also sometimes feel pressure inside of my head and ears.

Basically, if I didn't hit that tree, I wouldn't worry about it at all. I've been feeling somewhat under the weather and I've felt exactly like this before -- just somewhat.."out of it".

I'm 20 and I haven't had any previous serious head injuries. At the time of the injury I might've had some alcohol left over in my system (I had a few beers at lunch but then didn't bike until about 3+ hours later) but I certainly wasn't "intoxicated".

In fact as I'm typing this, I'm starting to feel a lot better :S

Do you think I might've gotten a concussion and these are just the after-effects? or maybe it's something more serious? This is the second day I'm feeling somewhat dizzy, but I wouldn't say it's worse than yesterday...maybe it's just stress.

I was thinking of going to the walk-in clinic tonight and seeing maybe i should go to a neurologist & get a CT scan or something just in case.
drew11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-16-2009)