View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 01:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart leelee, you're an inspiration to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee028 View Post
Thanks all for the advice! I'm already down 11 pounds in 2 days since I've stopped taking Lyrica. I'm trying to eat lots of bananas and keep my body full of vitamins so I don't get sick, but I can definietly feel the "ick" coming on from losing all of this water so quickly. Still very very puffy though. Edema stinks. No, The doctor did not test my kidneys before the medication. He did do blood work as I suggested due to heavy night sweats (changed clothes 4 times a night soaking wet), weight gain and no libido I thought it might be my thyroid or hormones. Blood test came back normal. I was taking Cymbalta 90 mg 2 times a day and along with the Requip he thought that was causing all of the sweating and put me on the dreaded Lyrica which didn't work out so well for me...... he said that was the last thing to try for Fibro. We've tried all else. I am having terrible headaches now that I'm off Lyrica - also probably due to the water loss - any suggestions to help the headache? I have had trouble with kidneys before - low Creatin level and also had a time where I couldn't pee at all and was on a pee bad for a month! Boy did that stink! There was no explaination for it at all...
I did purchase a sub-lingual B-12 the other day. I have read lots about the importance of B vitamins, especially 12, so I hope it helps. Happy New Year!
Hi leelee,
Boy, you are doing really well!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a fantastic ability to take care of yourself!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((leelee))))))))))))))))))

Would you do me a huge favor and see if the B12 you bought is the Methylcobalamin kind? (or the cyanocobalamin) it will say on the little label on the back of the bottle.

If it's the cyanocobalamin, then it will not work as quickly, and I've read a few times that only the Methylcobalamin kind has the ability to help regrow nerves. So it's really important to look for that kind. Methylcobalamin.

That speaks volumes that you went out and got it, though. Taking care of ourselves is very important.

About the peeing thing, that is so interesting.

I was reading about the elimination functions the other day because I had some questions, but I don't remember clearly. (Which is why I put together my web site, so that it would have things right... not misstated like I sometimes do when I'm under stress)

I started taking serrapeptase last summer because a herbalist friend of mine suggested it.

I was taking it to see if it would get rid of some varicose veins, but then there was too much stress to continue taking it because it has to be taken on an empty stomach. I had made myself a scheduler reminder of when to take it and when to eat, but I kept doing exactly the wrong thing, because of the stress... confusion from the stress, so I gave it up. But then the Periodontist told me that all the Ibuprofen I'd been taking might have had a bad effect on my bone in my mouth... so I started taking the serrapeptase again for pain... during the night when I'm not eating anything anyway.

And now I've noticed that this brown spot I used to have in my field of vision is gone... so maybe it's the serrapeptase... or the Milk Thistle... I don't know. But, I'm pleased.

You might read up on serrapeptase. Maybe you have something that is blocking your pee... and maybe the serrapeptase would help. Read up on it and see what you think.

((((((((((((((((((((leelee)))))))))))))))))

(You're an inspiration to me, to have lost so much of that weight so quickly!)