View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Papilledema

My 14-year-old son has papilledema. He said it was as if he had black binoculars in his line of vision, a ring in each eye. At night he said they were a flaming ring of fire. Two ophthamologists confirmed the dx, and the neurologist did an LP to relieve the pressure and it's not completely gone, but very much better. He lost some vision, but we caught it in time.

Your mother's vision could improve if they can treat it in time. I understand the anger. It's so hard to handle all the stress and to see your loved one suffer. Some doctors should be.

I don't know anything about RSD, but hang in there. Bless your heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursweetheart81 View Post
Hello!~
Well my mother has rsd, since 2005. Well my recent post i was stating that she was going to see Ophthlamologist. Well that dr seen her, and he told her it was all in the back of her eyes (was just one , now its both). He delt with the front of the eye. She told this dr. that she was seeing a neuro-surgeon for the past 4 months, and was prescribed drops for her eyes. Well she told this dr, that the neuro-surgeon told her first she had 1. an angry eye and then 2. arthritis in the eyes, he said in all his yrs of practicing he has never heard of anything of that nature. He told my mother that is she would have come to see him when this started she wouldnt be in the state she is in now. So last week he made an apt for her to go to John Hopkins to the (neuro-Ophthalmology/Orbit Unit) ASAP. He did test her eye sight and she has tunnel vision, and from the photos of her eyes from the tests she cant see ****, ( putting it bluntly). So this thursday she goes to JH, and i hope and pray they can help her out. This dr did tell her what she has its called (Papilledema ). I have done some research on this and not much out there for a cure. So today my father called wanting my mothers information from the dr she had been seeing for 4 months, and the receptionist was like " well i can have u sign a release paper and then in the next week or so you can have the records". My father said that he was cancelling her dr apt for there for the second time, and they wanted to know why, and my father told them her PCP wanted a second opinion and she has ( papilledema) and is going to JH. My father said i never seen a receptionist back track herself so quickly,she told him if the dr at JH calls we can fax her information ( how convient huh). My dad and i were talking, and if this dr, she seen for 4 months diagnoised her and give her drops that werent going to help her and make her worse, she could sue him. Who knows what will happen. I just know that its getting worse- as ive been over at her place 4 out of the 5 days a week, cleaning- making sure everything is done, my father would but he has to work during the week and wknds he takes over. If i could give my mother my eyes i would and go blind the rest of my life, than to see her stumbling and feeling horriable day after day. Things happen for a reason and gosh darnit, i dont know this reason ..nore will i ever.... And as my grandmother says, god doesn't give us anything we can't handle... RIGHT? right!~ on that nice note, until next time....
Christina
Dippity Do is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote