Thread: Headache 24/7
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Headache 24/7

My 14-year-old son has pseudotumor cerebri. It took almost 1 1/2 years to dx him. A year after that, we finally have a doctor who listens to us. We are 3 1/2 years into this and there is hope.

He goes to biofeedback once a week and says it makes a difference.

Please don't give up and tell your fosterfather how you are feeling. I hope and pray you get better.

I just thought of a thread I read today. Have you ever heard of RSD? Read this:

Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), also called complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), is a chronic, painful, and progressive neurological condition that affects the skin, muscles, joints, and bones. The syndrome usually develops in an injured limb, such as a broken leg, or following surgery. However, many cases of RSD involve only a minor injury, such as a sprain. And in some cases, no precipitating event can be identified.

RSD/CRPS is characterized by various degrees of burning pain, excessive sweating, swelling, and sensitivity to touch. Pain may begin in one area or limb and then spread to other limbs. In some cases, symptoms of RSD/CRPS diminish for a period of time and then reappear with a new injury.

Let your doctor know and suggest this.

So sorry for your losses. Hang in there. I'll keep you in my prayers, if that's okay with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colours View Post
Thanks for all the new posts, i just read them. Will think about it.
I can't handle massage but maybe stretching exercises could help some who knows...
I don't get as much exercise as say, 2 years ago, but there's still gym at school and once every week or every 2 weeks i go for a jog with my fosterfather.
I do have a t, for a lot of things, but it's so stressfull it's not helping at all.
Again thanks for the replies.
Dippity Do is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote