Thread: neurofeedback
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 04:51 AM
mhr4

mhr4

Sorry you feel that way, the pROSHI has done some amazing things for brain injured individuals, including yours truly.

FYI:

Chuck does have a current and valid business license in CA, that information is incorrect and dated. It you think about it logically, how could be even sell his unit without a business license? Chuck is a pretty high profile person within the world of neurofeedback, don't you think he would have been by now?

Dr. Ibric has published her research with the pROSHI and brain injuries in the Journal of Neurofeedback.

I'm a bit confused about your 4th paragraph - are you talking about the pROSHI, or another nfb device because nothing the ROSHI corporation makes has been FDA approved? And yes, anytime you use flickering lights on the brain, you should always be careful of persons who suffer from seizures, so this is nothing new.

Your argument about the long term effects also doesn't have much weight. If you think about it, the long term effects of most of the drugs on the market are not known. Case in point: researchers are now afraid that long term use of ritalin will cause cardiovascular problems into old age. So, almost everything we do or put into our body carries the risk of not knowing what long term use will do to us.

The pioneer argument is very subjective, Mark. What you consider a "pioneer," I would consider a dinosaur who doesn't keep up with the latest technology. I will say this though, Dr. Ibric is considered an expert in the field of brain rehabilitation and neurofeedback. She is very well known and highly respected within the world of neurofeedback. She is one of the few who still conducts research on neurofeedback, she presents her research regularly at conferences and she is also a trainer to other professionals.

Chuck, and Dr. Ibric, have repeatedly shown that the pROSHI activates the pre frontal cortex, the area responsible for higher levels of thinking. The have also demonstrated that it acts to "clear up" the coherence and phase relationship problems a lot of brain injured people suffer from.

Mark, I understand that you are very skeptic and critical of "alternative therapies." In the future, I would ask that when I post something, if you don't agree with it, please just ignore my post and move on. I really don't like having to go back and correct your misinformation about the therapies I post on. I, being an ex-research scientist, would never post anything that I thought would endanger anyone on here. That is why I always post references people can contact - ie, Dr. Ibric - so they can have a professional evaluate them before they spend their money. Thank you, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I have done some more research on the pROSHI device called NeuroDynamic Activator. It has not undergone any FDA testing, study or approval. The manufacturer says that it is sold as a "relaxation device." I am unimpressed with the ROSHI Corporation. The inventor told me the first instruction for using the device is "go slowly."

The phone number on the ROSHI web site is unpublished and appears to ring to a home. The man who answered sounded like I woke him from a nap. The California Secretary of State reports that the ROSHI Corp with Charles Davis listed as the contact, has a suspended Corporate license.

You can buy the machine for home use for $1995. The therapists recoup their investment in about 20 therapy sessions.

There have been NO STUDIES about it long term effect whether positive or negative. There is another 'non-intrusive' device that attempts to effect the electrophysiological functions of the brain cells that has been FDA approved. It has a warning about use without a doctor's consent and that it can cause problems with people with a history of seizures.

So, consider the pROSHI system very carefully.

Caveat emptor, Let the buyer beware
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote