View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 08:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default chest pains

Quote:
Originally Posted by KixNgo View Post
My problem is I have epilepsy, (controlled with dilantin)
and as of late(last 4-5 months) I get woke up with tingling in my chest, worsens to hard painful, hard to breath tingling pain, from start to end, lasts about 20-30 min. peaking about midway through. there's no clot, and after the stress test came back normal my doctor put me on icky anti acid b4 bed, telling me it was my tummy, today I again got woke up with it, so I took more anti-acid, it did nothing, and soon my arms were weak,
I was not 'upset' or 'hyperventilating'. I got up and walked toward bathroom thinking if i get up and walk some the pain will subside, I didn't get 10 ft, and had a seizure, aftr the seizure was over, the chest pain was gone. although my chest feels like I've been punched from the inside. my seizure type is rare, they stem from the part of the brain that controls blood pressure. during one, my BP gets dangerously low, and pulse can get down to 32bpm. I've researched, and found one site relating to "chest epilepsy" but no real info on it.. any one know of this? or what I should tell my doctor to look for? I'm also on Synthoid(hypothyroid) warafin(unknown clotting disorder) as well as dilantin(epilepsy.)
I also have the chest pains right before I have a seizure, I have had the whole heart work up done everything came out fine. I'v had EEG (nothing). Cat scan(nothing), same as you after the seizure the chest pain is gone and I feel better, although my bp gets high, The chest pain get so severe that I can't talk or move. I also have pain in my teeth and my Right arm. My seizures have just started and are right before my period, I have endometrosis, and have found some web sites related to that . I am on Tompamax already, but am waiting on the result of a MRI. I also used to think it was heartburn related, the acid meds did not help.
momma3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote