View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 10:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Getting ready to file for SSDI

Hi folks, been reading this thread and gleaning information.

The only job I have/had is church organist. I cannot do this any longer, the fingers, arms, feet do not work as they once did. Plus am scheduled for total cervical fusion with rods and laminectomy Sept 18 which will limit my up and down head motion to 20%-no more playing definitely.

I have given notice to the church of my resignation, given July 26, effective Aug 30 as my last day, no more employment. They needed at least a month's notice.

Been gathering as much medical info as possible but some docs will not release some info to me. Looking on the SS website I have 4 conditions that I assume qualify me for SSDI, diabetes 2, cervical and lumbar stenosis, peripheral neuropathy, stroke, polycethemia vera. All can be documented and in discussing with doctors, yes, they agree I should be on SSDI and will sign off to that effect when the paperwork arrives from SS.

But have written radiologist reports of some 25 MRIs CATs, X-rays, some written reports of above conditions, going back six years. Also lab reports for the last 6 years, and have filled out the SS worksheets all for presentation at my first appointment with them.

Is this info going to be too overwhelming for them? Any suggestions as to addition information if needed? Any input in this area is greatly appreciated.

Peace,
David
dtyree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote