Thread: neurofeedback
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I did not say the Mr Davis did not have a Business license. He no longer has a Corporation license. He can not operated under a name the ends in Inc or Corporation or use a corporated format for his bookkeeping and taxes.

Anybody can sell just about anything without a corporate or business license. Their only requirement is to have a Sales and Use Tax Permit on file with the Calif State board of Equalization. Such permit has nothing to do with the validity of the product sold.

Mr David's web site says ROSHI Corporation. There is no such ROSHI Corporation anymore. The Corporation license was suspended.

As for Dr Ibric's credentials. She may do a lot of conference and seminar speaking, but she does not have much peer reviewed research published. The only peer work she has done is one study done with Dr Cory Hammond. I have talked with Dr Hammond. He has had some great successes with neurofeedback but acknowledges that his results are anecdotal, not part of a scientific study.

I have been researching QEEG for 8 years. Dr Ibric is definitely not a lead researcher in QEEG, nor a pioneer. The pioneers in QEEG and neurofeedback are Robert Thatcher, Ph.D., F. LaMarr Heyrend, M.D., C. Dene Simpson, Ph.D., Sam Barrs, PhD., a group of doctors at the brain institute at New York University and others. Dr. Ibric is a "johnny come lately."

I have never said it has not worked for YOU.

What specifically has it done for you, besides the coherence and phase relationship? What symptoms has it resolved? Has it improved your memory functions? Has it improved processing speed? How long do the effect last?

The FDA approved NFB Device has shown to cause these changes but the improvements do not last and require repeated sessions with the NFB device.

I did not say it does not work. For someone who claims to be a scientific researcher, you leave a lot of loose ends in your research on this issue.

I said to be careful.

If Dr Ibric is so good with this ROSHI machine, why doesn't she do the scientific studies to get it FDA approved? She has a long list of her presentations and papers. It totals 83 but only three are actually published articles and they don't report on ROSHI directly. The rest are presentations or promotions for the ROSHI device. She is great at promoting her own services and clinic. The ROSHI Journal does not count since it is an "inside" publication.

You say to stop criticizing your posts that I do not agree with.

I am criticizing your exaggerations and unsubstantiated claims.

There are plenty of neurofeeedback therapist who use active procedures where the patient work to direct the brain into using other areas better to balance the waveform. The ROSHI works without the patient's input. It is a passive system from the perspective of the patient. It does not teach the patient how to effect change.

Anytime as device is used for something beyond its published claims, I am concerned. The ROSHI is a "relaxation device," not a neurorehab device or Neurofeedback device. It purports to enable a Zen like relaxation. That sounds nice if you like Zen like relaxation. Some people can do that with YOGA.

I prefer to relax under my own control, not under the influence of a machine. True neurofeedback uses the patients' inputs to obtain the desired result.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AeroDan (08-09-2019)