View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[quote=kreink;545162]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere View Post
[size=3]
I am also beginning to wonder if I can ever eat normally again. It hurts bad every time I eat and I am still staying with pureed foods, soups, soft things and sometimes sushi (if I am a good girl). Domperidone is not available in the US so I take Reglan and Donnatal. I have also lost lots of weight, 35 pounds since April. I hate having food and eating become an obsession and a bummer.
QUOTE]

Even though Domperidone is not available in the US, if a US doc gives you a script for it, you can get it through an online canadian pharmacy. I get mine through canada drugs, it has worked wonders for me and has less side effects than Reglan.

I have bith PN and Gastroparesis, and symptoms of both are what landed me in the ER that resulted in a diganosis of T2 Diabetes.
Within 3 months I was in the hospital 6 times for nausea and uncontrolled vomiting. I would wake up in the mornign, roll over and vomit my saliva from my stomache from the night before. IT HURT! Eventually with diet modifications, getting my BS under control, some adjustments to medications and domperidone, symptoms subsided from the gastroparesis. I would recommend avoiding anything that could aggravate your stomach. For me it meant switching from Metformin to Insulin and not using narcotic pain killers wich were prescribed after back surgery shortly before all that happened. I dont know about Tylenol, but avoid Advil as well. Right now I just take Domperidone for stomach as needed and Gabapentin/Cymbalta for my PN. Insulin for the Diabetes. Statin for Cholesterol. Oh yeah, I also take Omeperazol (Prilosec) for the stomach, apparently I have a hiatal hernia and barret's esophogus, probably from all the vomiting. Like I said, I was in Hopsital six times and thought I was going to die, they were talking about feeding tubes and electrical devices being implanted in my stomach. I lost nearly 40 pounts because of malnutrition from the stomach problems. Now, this week, for the first time in a year, I ate popcorn. Hang in there, it can get better. Sending prayers your way.
I am so sorry about all you have been through - certainly much more than me...but I can certainly relate in some way. I went to the hospital when this all started thinking it was a bowel obstruction. They figured it out, which I am grateful for with an upper endoscopy. I was in for four days.

Thank you for the info on Domperidone, it is good to know.

Congrats on the popcorn. Hopefully, I will be there again as it is one of my favorites.

Mere
Mere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote