View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 03:18 AM
mhr4

mhr4

Google search the neuroscience corporation (also known as neurorelief). They, by way of saliva and urine, test you neurotransmitters and adrenal function. Personally, I had mine tested and it showed that I had crashed my adrenal glands -from all of the stress of going through pcs- and that a number of neurotransmitters were out of balance. They are now putting me on natural adrenal support therapy and a couple of amino acids - precursors to the neurotransmitters - to try and get things back into balance. FYI: you don't go directly to them for this, they refer you to a practitioner in your area that has an account set up with them - you can search for one on the internet. If you can't find one in your area, you can print out information to deliver to your current doc and try and go through him/her. Also, if your adrenals have crashed, I would highly recommend not going on any conventional medication - such as pregnalone or prednisone - these drugs are the worst drugs on the market and cause more harm than good to your body. Definitely try the natural way first with this one.

Disclaimer: I haven't used the amino acid or the adrenal support stuff yet, so I'm not sure how its going to work out. I'll definitely let you know in a month how things are going though. This is all very new science right now, but does show some promise as a therapy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinBoston View Post
Mark,
Thanks for the information. I will head out to the WWW to see what I can find. Is there a blood test that they could do to test these levels? (epinephrine and norepinephrine)

I don't seem to be able to handle stress like I use to. It seems the littlest thing can set me off or I will have the reverse reaction. Something I should be upset about I have no emotions towards it. Weird. This really hasn't helped personal relationships either.

Thanks again and will let you know what the Doc has to say
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote