View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Most docs are morons

Thankfully, I have found one who isn't a moron, and tell ya the truth, I've seldom met someone who is so compassionate. I was in this week, and was telling him about what was going on in my life, which is pretty screwed up. Sorta have two women living here, a 15 month old baby boy and my lady is preggers with another, 5 months along. I got permanently laid off of the best job I've ever had, wrecked my car right before I got to the doc, and the pain is spreading down my leg into my foot. I cheerfully said, "here, check it out, run your hand down my leg, warm, warm, warm, cold as the dead there, see? Pretty neat, huh?" He pulled himself closer to the table, kinda rested himself on it, looking very tired, and I told him, "man, you look tired as hell." He told me he wasn't tired, just noted "you're going through so much right now, must be really hard." He looked as if I had backhanded him, really blew my mind. Whatta guy, I can't say enough good about him, frankly. After years of twits, with one exception besides him, I was shocked. He has compassion, really messed with me. I ended up feeling bad for him, for he is carrying my pain with him, and that's something to behold. May y'all find as good a doc as I have, makes all the difference in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Doctors are morons. PT are worse, doctor wannabes. Most have not seen an RSD patient even when it bit them in the butt. I saw two in 20 years that I recognized; well after the fact unfortunately! Very humbling...karma now, I guess.

I tell all my docs (and PT who is actually great) you can't know what RSD pain is like until you've lived it. They just look at me with their mouth half open. Can't understand from reading about it in a book, can't feel it by looking at it; just can't really know jack #$&! about it until you've been there, done that!
Smoke_666 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dubious (08-01-2009)