View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
If health care (I am selfish for ME and my kids) means healthcare for all but I can continue my own private policy thru DH's work but get some to defray his end of cost (YIPES!), I'm all for it. Everyone should get health care. I did not see 20/20 so know nothing. Government health care quality scares me. I like quality I get. But right now I get it. Things change. I know that.

I get the feeling that could happen. Whet I see is, there are too many companies who may not make it if they have to dole out for ins. And too many people who do not qualify for either work benefits or gov't benefits as things stand now.

This is where one big happy social policy is needed badly. There may still be companies who see it beneficial to offer such a perk as private insurance, just as they offer other things, to attract a better workforce.

I too am not too certain if our gov can utilize the money in a good way. We have a history of horrible waste and misdirection of funds. That is really my biggest worry in this. I'd like to see a team of coupon clipping moms run the committee if it happens.

These are the people who would not be buying jets and having huge parties in Vegas while kids went without chemo.

Pay the bills, no frills.

Sally - whatever happens, we will survive. Change is always scary.

But keep this in mind too, with our gov, change is always slow, lol.
Aarcyn (08-01-2009), Lady (08-02-2009), SallyC (08-01-2009)