View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=COLBEYMOORE;545356]Interest on our money..I am sorry I am new to this board and process..what do you mean they collect interest?
I know if approved the majority of my backpay goes back to my LTD provider
but interest??

Please if you could explain..thx[/QUOTE

Here's what I am saying. In my case, I became disabled in March '03, filed for ssdi in June'06. Then went through the first (fradulent) denial, filed for reconsideration, (fraudlently) denied again. Then I hired a mouthpiece, had my alj hearing nov '08, and was approved "fully favorable" two weeks later. Today is july 31 '09, and still waiting for my back pay. LTD is not an issue in my case, so they have been using my money, (back pay) for six years. That is money that I would be collecting interest on, had they approved me on my initial application. They don't let that money just sit and collect dust; they are collecting interest on my money each day they hold it. Interest which I will never see!

For clarification, I use the term "fraud", because the alj, the medical expert, and the vocational expert, approved me, looking at the same information that was used to deny me the first two times! I estimate I would have collected somewhere in the ball park of $8,000 in interest, had I been approved, received, and invested my money that I am still waiting to receive!
planzzzz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote