Thread: Lack of Sex
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My dh and I had some serious issues when I first got sick too. I won't go into all of it, it'd take too long. Let's just say, we still have some issues. But it's 6 yrs later and he's still my dh.

We've been married 25+ yrs and been through a lot of tough times - worse than a couple of bad dx's.

I'm pretty confrontational; though. And I let him know in no uncertain terms, that this was worse for me than it was for him - no matter what he thought he was going through. He could either tough up or tuck his tail between his legs and scamper off.

And also, I did not need him. If he wanted to be part of the solution, he'd better start sucking it up. Sick or not, I could deal. I'd find a way. Last thing I needed was to be sick and putting up with his nonsense. So it was be cool or be gone, buster.

I did not want to talk it out. I did not want therapy. I wanted him to grow up and be a man. I was sick and tired of being the grown up in this relationship - he is such a little girl.

At least sometimes, he tries not to be so dang whiney and needy now. Sometimes. I still hafta check and be sure I didn't grow balls though.
azoyizes (08-01-2009), Dejibo (08-01-2009), GmaSue (08-02-2009), jprinz99 (08-01-2009), OhKay (08-01-2009), Riverwild (08-01-2009), SallyC (08-01-2009)