View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 09:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey my new friends! (A gift from my stroke is all the people that have come into my life, that otherwise I would have been too busy wrapped up in my old life to notice)

I'll do what I can to help on your book. I think it would be a great benefit to others. I'm going to be doing a talk for a Havard CME on publishing in March. I haven't put my talk together yet, but when it's done I'll send it to you Lizard. For now, I can give you some pointers and what not. I started with an outline, dictated into a digital recorder, transcribed & edited, hired an editor, hired a graphic designer for book layout and jacket design, & website.
I checked about 20 printers for quotes--I went with BookMasters because they had a fufillment arm (Atlas books--they distribute and fill orders).
You'll also need a marketing plan on how you will promote--I can show you
mine offline if you'd like).

on another note: Are you mothers having a hard time getting back into the school swing. Rory started middle school and is picked up at 6:40--my eyes usually don't open for another few hours. What an adjustment for all of us!
-xo-j
pinhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote