Thread: Health Care.
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I worry that the premium plan that I have now will be discontinued. I mean, it's already been discontinued but the original plan members had the choice of staying in it or going for one of the lesser plans.

I pay a HUGE chunk of my weekly pay for this plan and I kept it before I was diagnosed because it was so good. Now I NEED it and the thought of it going away scares me. If I had a lesser plan I would be broke, and unable to afford anything else in my life in order to cover my medical stuff.

I'm not a big user. I don't ask for extra tests. I make sure my test results are shared between all my doctors and if one wants to order something I shuffle through my notes and give them the latest results if that test has already been done. I've got a HUGE binder with everything in it. BUT- my plan pays 100% for major medical and that includes my Tysabri infusion. It covers all but my OOP portion of regular medical and the OOP is limited to $500.00 a year. It has an excellent prescription plan.

Unless the government is going to match it, I don't want the government. If the government plans make my insurance company raise my premiums, then I want the government to make up the difference. It's already 1/5th of my weekly salary. I can't afford much more.

Why is it ok for the Senate and House to have cheap premium plans, but not the citizens of this country? I want what they have. I want to be able to get what I need at a reasonable price. Is that so hard?

Are we dreamers, to think that maybe everyone in this country could actually HAVE the same health plan for a reasonable cost?

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (08-02-2009), Lady (08-02-2009), SallyC (08-01-2009)