View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 03:20 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I wonder that Doody got me to reminiscing ...I became a nurse b/c of the book abt Florence Nightengale I read as a young girl. And my first surgery experience: I was a freshman nursing student, lowest peon on the hospital totem pole-they were having trouble getting the right draping on a 498# 18 yr. old, so they had me grab hold of some of the "extra cushioning" on this poor boy and pull it out of the way-then they put sterile drapes over me and I had to stay that way for the remainder of the surgery-and I was bent over in a very uncomfortable position. A human retractor-not good for the Fibro aches-still remember it vividly!

I wonder that I am filled with so much good will towards everyone right now, b/c I am so glad Moi's surgery went well. I take back some of the evil thoughts I have had abt the universe lately. Sometimes good things do happen to the most deserving of people.

I wonder that today is a "normal" day and it so much easier to be happy than on a "special" day when the expectations are there.

I wonder that being married to-and still in love with-a wonderful man for 38 years is a true gift. I have never been bored, which is also a pretty wonderful gift.

Hugs to all of you and especially to "readers only" (hate to call you lurkers) especially doxiemama and hippiechick. (I tucked a grandma 20 into everyone's pockets, y'all)
~~~~~hua.org~~~~~
Hearts United for Animals
has lots of "magic pain pills"
just waiting to be adopted!
GmaSue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-01-2009), Alffe (08-02-2009), barbo (08-01-2009), Burntmarshmallow (08-02-2009), da duck (08-01-2009), Doody (08-02-2009), mistiis (08-06-2009), ~scrabble (08-03-2009)