Thread: Lack of Sex
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Thanks guys!!!

I guess I'm the one with the balls in our relationship, too. It usually takes a lot of prodding to get him to do anything on the home front. I keep him updated on the financial situation, but I think that it falls on deaf ears. I recently went over all of our expenses with him- showing him how much more we have going out than coming in. He offers no solutions, and leaves it all up to me to figure out, lucky me...
I know that he suffers from depression. Last year I was able to convince him to see a shrink and a therapist, but it didn't last long. He stopped taking the medication after about a month and a half, and within 3 months refused to go back again. I've tried several times to approach him about it, but he denies he has a problem and gets really angry when I bring it up.
I have had it out with him a few times, telling him he needs to help me more, etc. He makes small gains for short periods, but relaxes again and goes back into his old pattern.
I know that men masturbate, I'm not naive. But I don't think it's a healthy substitute for sex with one's own wife. It's a symptom of larger problems in our relationship- and it really ****** me off that it's costing us money that we can't afford to spend.
I think he's spoiled, and I agree that he needs to grow up, and I have told him that more than once.

Thanks again, guys. Sometimes it's good to get this crap off my chest- whew!

-Kay
OhKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (08-02-2009)