View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayna View Post
The problem is that I really want to be on Tysabri but I also want more info. With the TOUCH program Biogen must have all the info it needs about the 11 PML cases. I would like to know what the commonalities are other than the length of time the patients were on Tysabri before developing PML.
Shayna,

Biogen does have very detailed info on the 11 PML cases (importantly includes detailed info from 2 patients prior to their PML diagnoses because they were in the STRATA trial). They have communicated in their earnings conferences calls that they are aggressively pursuing several possible risk factors. I stress the word possible as they are scientists and they want proof/confirmation and validation with outside experts on the JC virus rather than coming to a quick conclusion that turns out to be be wrong. As a Tysabri patient (32 months), I'm impatient to get answers as well. A proper scientific process takes time - first theories and then validation/invalidation of those theories. I'd rather they properly confirm the theories and not run into problems again later.

Chris
komokazi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (08-01-2009), Grammie 2 3 (08-06-2009), Natalie8 (08-02-2009), Riverwild (08-01-2009), shayna (08-02-2009)