View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 10:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_666 View Post
Thankfully, I have found one who isn't a moron, and tell ya the truth, I've seldom met someone who is so compassionate. I was in this week, and was telling him about what was going on in my life, which is pretty screwed up. Sorta have two women living here, a 15 month old baby boy and my lady is preggers with another, 5 months along. I got permanently laid off of the best job I've ever had, wrecked my car right before I got to the doc, and the pain is spreading down my leg into my foot. I cheerfully said, "here, check it out, run your hand down my leg, warm, warm, warm, cold as the dead there, see? Pretty neat, huh?" He pulled himself closer to the table, kinda rested himself on it, looking very tired, and I told him, "man, you look tired as hell." He told me he wasn't tired, just noted "you're going through so much right now, must be really hard." He looked as if I had backhanded him, really blew my mind. Whatta guy, I can't say enough good about him, frankly. After years of twits, with one exception besides him, I was shocked. He has compassion, really messed with me. I ended up feeling bad for him, for he is carrying my pain with him, and that's something to behold. May y'all find as good a doc as I have, makes all the difference in the world.
Yup, That's my PM doc and my PT (whose learning curve has exponentially grown about RSD since he and I have met).

My PM doc is up on everything. With my last 20 yrs in health care, I have challenged him on every thought and not only does he have the most up to date answer, he is delicate and understanding.

What I was talking about was the surgeons, almost all of them, in that they don't get it; they view us as a bad outcome, of not their doing, who simply needs to be transitioned anywhere other than their office!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mslday (08-02-2009)