View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Had my eyes checked today

We have a medical expense account that runs out at the end of September so I was finally able to convince my DH to get his eyes checked. He has to actually put his fingers and pull back his eyes like a little Chinese man to read sometimes. And I was having to take my bifocals off to read the paper at times! So in we go. I knew I had the beginnings of a cataract. But now I have one on both eyes and macular degeneration in my right eye! But no optic neuritis. I was shocked. I'm 59 years old, just having to take glasses off to read again. Going mainly so I could get my husband in. I already had an appt to see my PCP this week so I will ask him about it and have him explain it better for me. He understands me, how I learn and have to have things explained. But the eye doc says I probably won't have to have anything done for another year. He did give me names that he refers to so I could check my insurance. Really assuring!

My DH did have to get bifocals. He has never worn glasses, always looses his cheapo sunglasses. This should be fun. I tried to get him to get a fun pair of sunglasses but he picked the same frame for sunglasses that he did for his regular ones. Boring!

I am windy tonight!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote