View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 07:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSDmom View Post
Hi Vanessa--

I was wondering how you think the vitamins are helping? My daughter has RSD and is having a flare right now after spraining her ankle. She has really found using lavendar essential oils and one called 'aches and pains' has been helpful. We put it on her sock or in water to soak her foot (when she wants to) and also in lotion to rub on it.

Another quick note...in past flares she has really liked contrast baths--not this time. Very painful in the cold water.

Well, at this point I am not too sure if/ how they are helping. But, I have only been taking them for 2 weeks.

I am making a teeny bit of progress in the right direction, but I am not sure if it is from the vitamins, or if it is a combination of: physical therapy, medication (neurontin 300 mg. in the morning, 300 mg. in the afternoon and 600 mg. at night. My PM Dr. just upped the dose at night to see if it would help with sleeping/ pain.), vitamins (the aboved mentioned ones), and I am no longer using the ice at PT/ home.

Just wondering... how old is your daughter? I am 16 years of age. It has been hard for me to find younger people with RSD.

Constrast baths are HARD on me, too. For me, though hot water bothers.

I'll have to look up those rubs. Maybe they would be of help to me. Might as well try.
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote