View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Happy Birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4thebest View Post
August First is my birthday and it was last year on my birthday 2008 that my (ex...) orthopedic surgeon told me I had RSD
...gasp...racing heart...cold sweat..

I went home and stayed in the fetal position for a few hours from shock, panic, and fear...
I had done some research on the net trying to figure out what was wrong with my foot and ankle, so I knew the 'kaboom' impact of those words..

I had mentioned in another post that I had asked him in June if he thought I had RSD and he said "no." So, I continued to ice and wear a tight brace to help me walk..then on my birthday, August 1st, yup, I remember the day vividly, he said the words...all wrapped up and with a pretty red bow lol, lol "I think you have RSD..."
I had complained for five months after surgery of the inordinate pain..but he
kept saying..it'll get, better..and essentially didn't HEAR me..or chose not to...

A year has gone by..is this really my new life?? I can walk a few yards and ....
no more walking,hiking etc,etc, etc...hey, but I still have my sight, i can hear the ocean and the birds...I am still working...
One year later, as with all of us, I have made adjustments in my life, and trying to make friends with my new self.....I know my old self is still around..I guess my old self and new self will have to get along..

You, who have had RSD for years are my heroes, my guides...
Those of you just diagnosed, it gets better as you become more knowledgeable and feel more in control as you learn how to become your own healer in many ways..sometimes out of necessity..
I've become quieter, more contemplative, more observant..
The gift of this site makes up a thousand-fold for that day last year..

Thank you friends,
Hope4thebest xoxoxoxo
Hi and a Happy Birthday wish to you!!!!!
I just had my 20th anniversary of dx of RSD in July and I am here to say that life is not over.
Oh, there may be many brutal days but as you stated there are many joys in life. Life itself is a blessing. Just live in the moment and 20 years will pass before you know it. Just be sure to catch the glimpses of blessings and joy on the way.
Hugs Di
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dubious (08-02-2009), loretta (08-02-2009)