View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 01:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Allergy to B1 or B12 or both !

Thanks for the info about the stickies...found them.

I have a BIG PROBLEM: B vitamin ALLERGY (I suspect) !! Read further....

I have Dx as having "SMALL SENSORY NERVE FIBER NEUROPATHY." None of the Rx works, makes me dizzy, itchy, sleepless or too sleepy...unable to function.

So I have been trying the NATURAL ROUTE via vitamin supplementation for nearly a year now.

So many of you say how huge doses of B12 are much better than RDA B12 doses. I have read over and over that Methyl B12 is much better than Cobalamin B12.

WELL, I have tried this:
NERVE SUPPORT FORMULA (google it, this site will not allow me to post
the link here). It is supposed to be THE CURE for neuropathy.

Well, I take only ONE capsule a day of this NERVE SUPPORT FORMULA, after reducing it from the recommended four a day which gave me ITCHING, RASH, HIVES..now down to just ONE capsule a day, SAME REACTION: ITCHING, RASH and HIVES.

I take it with Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 mg a day, Zinc, Magnesium, Calicum, a regular vitamin tablet and Fish Oil Capsules (purified) and a capsule of Grape Seed Extract a day.

WELL, NOW WHAT?

The fat soluble B1 and B12 in this NERVE SUPPORT FORMULA are supposed to be THE BEST. And all of you are saying that HUGE DOSES of B12 in the Metyhl B12 version (fat soluble) is the BEST form of B12, the only effective form of B12 to take...up to 5000 mgs a day.

WELL, this NERVE SUPPORT FORMULA CONTAINS the FOLLOWING:
Benfotamine........ 150 mgs..6,875% OVER the RDA (form of Thiamine)
Methylcobalamin.. 1000 mcg..16,666% OVER the RDA
Vitamin B2 ......... 2 mg
Vitamin B6 ......... 2 mg
Folic Acid........... 100 mcg

WELL, I am now having to take BENADRYL I am itching so BAD and red rash on my arms and legs, scalp itching, neck breaking out...so how can this be??

I have NEVER HEARD of ANYONE being ALLERGIC to B VITAMINS, no one here has mentioned this....so NOW WHAT should I do?

Take a different formulation of B1 and B12, the water soluble version (which I read is not effective at all for neuropathy)???

Take a different B1 and B12 fat-soluble version made by a different manufacturer???

B12 seems especially needed to remylienate the damages nerves -- so is there another way of taking Methyl B12 at a lower dose ????

I just do not know WHAT to DO !!

PLEASE HELP ME !

--Hurtin' Nerves
Northern Chicagoland 'burbs
Hurtin' Nerves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote