View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 01:35 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

i hope i understood what you are saying, which is basically what they are proposing right? public goods for all so let's do our public duty and all reap the benefits. but i don't see - oh you referred to them with the words fruits of the participation?

i do have to wonder with you whether more clinical trial participation would have us farther along. I don't know the answer, but know that a lot goes on overseas.

so i' m back to communicate with us first.........so we can develop trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigogo View Post
Paula - this is why I argue that if they want universal participation in clinical trials, then the price is universal access to the fruits of that participation.

"Here's why I do not see trial participation as an obligation. Where are the public goods? and --why? I don't see them." - Paula

Universal, duitiful participation is only half of the equation.

You do have to wonder if there was more participation in clinical trials, would we be ahead of the game in disease cure and treatment right now?

We can't be required (not simply asked) to sacrifice our health for the greater good unless there is some benefit. I would argue the benefit would be access to the best health care without fear of bankruptcy or even lesser financial hardship.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote