View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 03:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Arachnoid cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime_S View Post
I can't really help you in regards of what to expect with babies/children being diagnosed with an arachnoid cyst, because my cyst wasn't discovered until I was an adult.
I did have some learning difficulties and co-ordination/balance problems in my early years, but in those days (40+ years ago) they didn't know the cause of them. But when my cyst was discovered (with MRI) I was also diagnosed with Dandy-Walker Syndrome (a mild variant). I had fenestration, and never shunted, so I don't know what problems could occur there. Does this child just have a cyst, or do they have Dandy-Walker or Chiari malformation as well? They are usually associated with learning delays and co-ordination/balance problems...
I also discovered at age 30 that I had a posterior fossa arachnoid cyst about the size of a gulf ball. As a child the only symtoms I had were learning difficulties, writers cramp, depression, heat exersion migraines, and terrible ear pain. As I became an adult I suffered at the age of 21 with facial palsy, and over the years my depression grew, my ability to concentrate became more and more difficult, still had horrible migraines, fits of anger, cervical stenosis (surgery in 90). In the past 2 yrs I have been diagnosed with dystonia, mieniers disease, tremors, partial epilepsy. Yet the do not connect anything to this arachnoid cyst: it is the size of a golf ball, and has not grown since they found it?? It seems crazy to me that it is not related to at least some of my neuro deficits??? any thoughts would be appreciated. many thanks---hutch
hutch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote