Thread: Arachnoid Cyst
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 04:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default arachnoid cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime_S View Post
Just wondering if anyone here has an Arachnoid Cyst?
My Arachnoid Cyst, in the posterior fossa, was discovered 10 years ago, (with an MRI) after 2 years trying to find answers to my symptoms.
It was operated on, and so far, hasn't regrown. Although we were sure it had, because the symptoms returned early last year. But an MRI didn't reveal any new growth.
But now it seems I have Occipital Neuralgia, originating from the cyst operation, which damaged the Occipital nerves!
Just my luck...

~Jaime~
I have not been able to find someone that had the same type and location of a AC as I do. Mine was found in 1992. In my childhood I had strange symtoms: Heat exertion headaches, writers cramps, learning disabilities, mood problems. As an adult I got facial palsy at age 21, my depression intensified, diagnose with cervical stenosis (which I got surgery on in 1990). In the past few years I have gotten diagnosed with epilepsy, dystonia, possible meiges syndrome, vocal cord dystonia, meiniers disease, ect.... My AC is about the size of a golf ball, yet my neuro surgeon does not feel it is connected to any of my diagnosis??? I wonder how this is possible. I am thinking about getting a second opinion?? How large is yours and what are your symptoms??? Please respond ASAP---I am beyond frustrated. I will be 50 on x-mas day and I would love to have some answers at least some of my health problems. Many Many thanks for any info you can give me--hutch
hutch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote