View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 05:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Brooke,
I am so very sorry you have RSD, especially at such a young age. I'm 61 and have had it 14 years-full body now. RSD is an autonomic disorder-which means it affects organs that are involuntary, like the heart, lungs, blood circulation, blood pressure, the sympathetic nervous system causes high blood pressure and the para sympathetic nervous system causes low blood pressure. I have passed out-pressure was60/40 I have a kit and keep track of my pressure almost dailey. When you wash your hair, don't keep your head down for too long. When bending down, be careful of not letting your head drop too long. Our body temperature is not regulated correctly. Thus we sweat a lot or we get ice cold. I get migraines also. He get excessively hot or cold because our sympathetic nervous system controls body temperature and it's out of control. We are never to use ice on our body. Outside temperature changes affect us-put us in a flare. Most of us feel good with epson salt bath, heating pad. My Dr. told me not to be out in the sun-use sun screen. Getting a sun burn would not be good for us.
Please write about anything or ask anything. You can do this on the forum or do a Private Message on the left hand side- it says PM message. Please know we are all here for you and encourage you to READ READ READ. Your Mom and Dad too. This is a very difficult thing to deal with-there is no cure, but remission is possible. I've had two remissions.
I was started seeing a psychiatrist 5 years ago and see him once a month. He has kept me mobile-out of a wheel chair, got me on the right meds and amounts. He also is a neurologist and pharmacologist. I'm grateful to have him. Sometimes it's difficult to find a knowledgeable Dr. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
spiritscript (05-17-2015)