Thread: ouch ouch ouch
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 10:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Your Insurance Company

Liz:

Even tho you or your hubby were involved in the accident, you need to report it to your auto insurance and state you've been to the ER twice. It should not cause your auto insurance to increase. You know the date, time, etc. the accident occurred. Get a copy of it from the local police dept. (public records) for your benefit.

However, if you've had some damage to your body, then your insurance company will be required to pay.

Hubby was driving his big 4WDrive Truck and I was a passenger & were we stopped at a 'Yield Sign' when we were rear-ended in 3/14/05. I could kick myself for not getting in the ambulance (even tho it was less than 1 1/2 miles to the local hospital) as the guy's insurance has not paid a dime in my medical bills.

Since then, I've had ACDF at C6-C7 5/2/05, ACDF at C5-C6 with metal plating at C5-C7 (previous surgeon 5/5 didn't put a plate to hold donor bone in) with 6 screws & PLIF at L4-L5 (was supposed to be L4-S1, but was autofused by the time of surgery) on 1/18/06 & received SSD in 9/06 due to accident.

Just FYI for Ya and Hope ya get to feeling better soon. Happy New Year!
claudia029 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote