View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Any fellow sprouters out there!!!

Hi, my name is Melody and I usually go on the Peripheral Neuropathy forums, and the diabetes forums (as well as some others).

I was giving some sprouting tips to a fellow poster and she thought it might be neat for me to put some information on THIS garden forum. I never even knew we had a Home and Garden forum.

How cool is that?

So here's the information I had given to her. I'm just going to copy and paste it in this thread.

And if anyone else does sprouting, I'd be happy to hear it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info on sprouting...............

Google the word SPROUTS and you'll learn all about broccoli sprouts, alfalfa, radish, fenugreek (WELL, ALL KINDS OF SPROUTS).

Because my husband has auto-immune stuff going on, I don't sprout Alfalfa, because of what I read about it, BUT I SPROUT ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE.

Here is a link to one of my sprout videos (I make my own homemade sprout trays.) This video is about my broccoli sprouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E31aS...eature=channel

Now I don't know if you are familiar with youtube, but I have many sprout videos up on youtube. When you click on the link I provided, you'll see the first one. After viewing it, just go to the right where it says "more videos from eliz7212),

And ALL MY VIDEOS WILL COME UP. Jus select which ones that you think might strike your fancy.

I make my own yogurt (in a cardboard box), I learned how to do this from watching youtube videos.

I buy my organic sprouting seeds online from Sproutpeople.com and sprouthouse.com

When they arrive, I put them in ziplock bags, I label them, and pop them in the freezer. They don't freeze, they just keep fresh. I LOVE THIS.

I have not had to buy any lettuce for over one year.

My sprouts are the base for my salads, I just add my little tomatoes, red onions, cukes, black olives, a splash of extra virgin olive oiive and anything else that one adds to a salad.

You have NEVER tasted anything so good in your life and the nutrition of the sprouts (especially broccoli, well it goes through the roof).

Look at my fenugreek video. These were after 7 days of sprouting. They develop leaves.

My diet is plant based. My doctor is extremely happy with my progress and I bring him a bag of sprouts whenever my hubbie or I have a doctor appointment. My doctor is a body builder and he takes 4000 of fish oil every day.

SO HE KNOWS WHAT SPROUTS ARE!!!

lol

So when you get a minute, take a look at my videos. You can even see me and my hubbie singing Jingle Bells.

We are happy people, we love to eat healthy, and we try and keep stress to a minimun.

THAT'S THE KEY.

Try and de-stress.

Just start with a mason jar or two. Try and get some organic seeds, soak overnight and the next day rinse and drain twice a day. (any kind of sprout).

You'll laugh out loud when you see them start to grow.

I have videos of my sprouted lentils, and especially my mung beans.

YOU Have no idea how much mung beans grow (THEY BECOME BEAN SPROUTS).

No pesticides, no chemicals.

Just healthy sprouts.

Best of luck

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-02-2009), ewizabeth (08-08-2009)