View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

I keep a cool wet washcloth in a gallon sz. ziplock bag. I only use the thick, plush washcloths as they retain fluid better, and are softer to the touch on my sensitive skin. I have ,at times, placed a freezer pack in the bag as well, to keep the cool temp inside the cloth.

CRPS I has caused a profuse sweating problem. I can not wear makeup anymore, as it will sweat off immediately. My sympathetic nervous system has a mind of its own, and there is no controlling the drips of sweat that pour from my head..very frustrating. With a swipe of the cloth, I get immediate relief. When and if I feel too hot, I place the cloth on the back of my neck..it automatically cools my core down. My family and friends have also got use to me wearing a wet cloth draped over my head, like a wide headband..hey, it works!

Try it, you'll like it!

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (08-03-2009), nancyinLA (08-03-2009)