View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 01:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Dew -

That day sounds awful. About the only thing I can think of that you didin't mention - but maybe you took care of nonetheless - was to pre-request disabled seating which provides extra room at the front of the coach cabin.

And your reference to DFW reminds when, years ago, my wife flew with me from LA to San Antonio, while she was 7 months pregnant with our first child. Only problem was, we flew into Dallas during a momentary break in a thunderstorm, that had shut down most out-bound blights for literally 12 hours. When we were finally permitted to board at Midnight, I believe six hours after we had arrived, the control tower was on a graveyard shift with only a few controllers, and I counted over eighty planes ahead of us in line. My poor wife was so uncomfortable, she was literally at the point of forcing open an emergency exit when we were finally cleared to taked off at 4:00 am. We got to the hotel at dawn, only to discover that they had already given away our room, but not before they put in a forfeiture charge on my credit card!

Glad you're home safely.

Mike
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-03-2009), loretta (08-03-2009)