Thread: Pains in ribs
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 05:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Pains in ribs

Hi,
Im probably confirming what I have already worked out. But the Drs have destroyed my belief in myself so I have to take advice from others to confirm what I already suspect.

Yesterday I wasn't too good. I had problems with my eyes not being able to track things properly. Felt quite weak. Then around 4pm started to feel quite breathless, it progressed to the point where I honestly felt like I was going to pass out. Husband realised that I was pulling a fast one by telling him I was ok and gave me three mestinon, as he knows when Im that bad I need 3 in one go. After 45mins I came back to life but was exhausted, my ribs hurt, not agony, but uncomfortable.

Today my ribs are still uncomfortable, but my breathing is fine. Im tired and weak but am able to move at own pace etc. Are my ribs hurting due to the exertion of the episode yesterday. I don't think they went into spasm as my back does that and it wasn't that painful, just increasingly uncomfortable.

I have got a pulse ox comming through Amazon tomorrow.

Did peak flow checks half hourly. Initially ok but just before the mestinon dropped to 200. It was pretty scary stuff.

What made me laugh though is once the mestinon kicked in my husband says (as he was with me at the drs last week) "Its a bloody good job those mestinon don't work, I don't know what we would have done!"

I am ok today just taking it very very gently! So no one panic please!!!

Love
Rach x
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote