View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

(((Judy))) Count me in that club. Well, sort of. I don't have the diarrhea or incontinence. I do however have stomach issues. Although it doesn't happen all the time, I am on what I call the 3 bite diet, 3 bites and I am full. My stomach cramps up when I eat to the point you can actually see the outline of my stomach. I also experience nausea with it as well - not sure if that is pain related or because the stomach is freaking out.

Years ago I had an EGD done and the doctor said that all the nerve endings in my stomach were very sensitive. They thought I had an ulcer. Little did we know it was the MS.

During spinal lesion flares, this becomes much worse. The only thing that I can tolerate as far as eating is "smoothies." I make all sorts of smoothies. Some with fruit, some with veggies (cucumber smoothies are awesome). These are easy on my stomach.

On a regular basis, I have learned through experience what I can eat and what I can't. Basically, I eat things that are easier to digest.

Talk to your neuro about this. There are many medications out there that can help you. (I'm not on any). Hang in there and know that you are not alone on this one.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (08-03-2009), Taffy (08-03-2009)