View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Any good news is simply that....

GOOD NEWS! I've been that route w/other med issues..You, like me, have always been an at least 'cup full' as opposed to half empty person. All the tiny bits, you are sending sound hopefull, in a real and practical sense. So what? They've not been able to do the 'tests' yet? Your son has had a BIG TIME assault to his whole being!...Gobble up the good news, and heed with caution the cautious stuff.. As you well know in the development of your neuropathy and the diagnosis...lots of stuff does'nt happen rite away-no matter HOW MUCH you want it!
Maybe I'm seeing things, but it sounds like your son is a fighter! That's a good thing, and kinda like YOU. That is pure good! Focus on the good, and not the unknowns [IF I'd focused on those old unknowns w/my cancer, I'd have been a certified nutcase by now..I'm not ,I don't think, cause I didn't] Save/conserve your energies for the future, deal with the NOW minute by minute, and slog on. It's not the living nightmare it seems, as I always do, & I believe you do as well, there are surreal and absurdly funny things going on around this whole part of your life. Find them to help you get thru...
When I was in the hosp this winter [the two bum feet issue?] my roomie passed away, they moved me to another room until the family came...then after...moved me back! Um, uh, der, why? Absurd! yes, nice? no. We all go on.
I for one HAVE FAITH that things will work out better than they could.. never accept the worst, hope always for the best and sometimes good things happen.
After all, look at Chris Reeve-I was at that event when he was injured..He made lots of lemonade! We all have the courage inside us...use it wisely &

HUGE BUNCHES OF FUZZIES 'N HUGS! Keep that good heart! - j

An absurd example: We'd travelled out of state to be there for my MIL who had a very serious hip injury. Half the time to/fro/visiting [for limited times] to the hosp. Half at the motel.. Sitting, reading, looking out the window, WHAT do I see meandering thru the parking lot but COWS! Called the lobby to inform them that they have 'livestock' loose on premises...reply was: 'Yeah, they do that every so often.' HUH? Watching the 'wrestling' was a hilite of semi-urban experience and trip as a whole. Yep, cows loose was a hilite! Got it? Get it! Go for IT! - j

Last edited by dahlek; 09-13-2006 at 10:18 AM.
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote