View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Nerve Disorder, Muscle Twitching, Bone popping

Hi, this is the 1st time I am posting here. I have read a few forums that all have some things in common with my disorders. I am hoping to receive some help whether it be mental or physical. Back in April I went through some episodes of having a tingling sensation in my left foot that spread to my upper left thigh. After going to the dr's I was prescribed Ativan for the anxiety that the pain was causing me. Then after taking that for a few weeks, the prickly sensation returned with a vengence. The muscle twitching (wasting) and prickly sensation spread everywhere even to my groin and my head. So I was told on 3 different occasions to take Benedryl and/or Claritin. Naturally that didn't work. I've spent nearly $800 so far only to still be confused. I have seen every dr from Internal Medicine to Psychiatry. The other day I finally saw a neurologist who is sending me to have a head MRI and EMG/Nerve Test. I think this will be beneficial but I also have swollen lymph nodes for 3 months, my bones are popping all the time, the muscles are twitching constantly, and both my feet feel asleep a lot. I cannot afford to waste any more money on dr's who just want to get rid of me. Could all these symptoms be stemming from nerve damage?...or should I see a rheumatoid dr as well. My bones feel so brittle and I have lost mass around my shoulder so the bone is sticking out in my back. I am so worried because now my gag reflex is gone. Plz help!
mslee83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote