View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 01:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dew58

Hi Dew58.
I am sorry you had to get this disease and even more sorry that you had to deal with WC. I know a little about WC in the States and I know that, to say they are heartless, is an understatement.

Part of the reason for the mistreatment of RSD patients is the fact that, there are people out there who do try to scam WC and Insurance Companies.

I for one applaud Shelmora's post and, having had CRPS Type2 for 27 years and having had to jump through many hoops with wrong and late treatments because of being disbelieved at first feel the same way about those you try to con Drs. and WC, WCB and Insurance Companies.

I never had to ask others about symptoms or to send me links to articles or web sites about RSD; I had the symptoms and, eventually, after many tests and procedures, I also had the Doctors reports.

I am a member of another RSD support group and over the years I have gotten a pretty good idea of who really has RSD and who does not or, who has a very mild case. RSDers who are really in bad shape can be known not only by what they say (post) but also by what they don't say.
When I read about scull-cramps or swollen brain or belly and breasts from RSD, I have to wonder what is going on with their bodies. Since RSD, to my knowledge, does not do that.

I have known Shelmora for a number of years now and I can tell you that she does not have to vie for a crown; she has a bad case of RSD and her medical file, which I have seen, leaves no doubt about that nor does her body.

Shelmora is the most compassionate person I know and always there for anyone who needs help even though she is barely managing her own life and home. Her anger is directed at those who scam the Doctors and the system, making it so much harder for those who need help from WC, WCB, Insurance or the medical system.

If people were always honest about their condition, you would not have had to fight so hard to get proper and timely treatment for your RSD and you may not have developed it in the first place.

There is no doubt that there are people who see "RSD" as an easy way out of having to work and they will try their best to scam the system. Surely, you must know that.
Shelmora's post referred to those scammers and not to those with actual RSD.

I for one will never feel offended by someone expressing anger at RSD scammers; after all, I have the disease.

I hope you have an easy day and night and find some relief of your pain.

woodsman
woodsman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-03-2009), loretta (08-04-2009)