View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HB Hope4thebest,

I tried to write back to you twice before, and ended up crying both times and gave it up. So I missed your real birthday by a few days - so happy belated birthday instead!

My prelim diagnosis was in the beg of last summer, and a more definitive diagnosis was made in September so my case is very similar timing-wise to yours. But unlike you, I don't often feel like I am getting better emotionally. I had to take a leave of absence from my job about 6 weeks ago. I have often not had adequate pain control, and I am not comfortable driving after 3 or 4 in the pm. I can't sleep many nights. It's just gotten to the point where I am not the competent on-the-ball worker I used to be and it breaks my heart.

This board provides me with a tremendous amount of support, without it many days I would truly be lost. Thanks so much to the veterans of the site who continue to log in day after day and help us "newbies" with our ordeal. I also owe a great deal to my wonderful PT and PM doc in Boston at St. E.'s, both of whom who give so much of themselves, more than they have to or that many of their colleagues could be bothered to give. And last, but not least, my husband and kids.

In regards to your RSD foot - keep using it. I am almost certain that my RSD spread to my right leg. I only wear Crocs on my feet, the constriction of shoes made my swelling much worse. And I walk a lot - all the time. My RSD started in my right shoulder and spread up to my neck and head. Then it went down to my right leg. So I've tried to walk at least 3 miles a day, if not more, to keep the leg as mobile as possible. I hid the leg for a long time under my clothes when it was swollen and discolored because I didn't want anyone to see it. It's somewhat tan now, so the discoloration isn't as noticeable, and I'm not as self conscious about it.

It sounds like you are doing pretty well - I am glad for you. Especially that you are able to work. It is my goal to get treatments that will allow me to eventually return to my job. For many of us, it is really important financially and emotionally that we get up everyday, get dressed, and head to the office.

Take care, XOXOXO Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote