View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
Sorry, you disagree. I'm not sure what M.E. is. But this book and my comments have nothing to do with anything but Fibromyalgia.
Donna
Hi Donna, the book's title mentions CFS and Fibromyalgia, so it discusses both.
I appreciate that you're are concerned only with the Fibro, and if you've found it useful then that is a good thing.
On the other hand, my comments were aimed at the CFS side, and that is where the cautionary note comes in.
While well meaning, the info is way out of date and would best be avoided. My daughter said that while there were some good things in it, overall it is not a recommended book for CFS.
Incidentally, CFS is a defunct name that was used when doctors had no idea what was really wrong so invented a syndrome to dump the unknown illnesses into. ME is the preferred name now.
ME refers to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, a medically acknowledged illness, with diagnostic tests available.
There is no diagnosis testing for CFS as it is not an illness as such, and use of this name should be discontinued.
A proper doctor should be able to find what is wrong and not use the CFS dumping ground.

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote