Thread: hearing
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 04:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hearing

Good morning to you all.

I am curious if any of you have problems with your hearing or, more precisely, with understanding speech.
I have had tinnitus in both ears for about 22 years now and it gets a little worse every year.
Having a conversation is very stressful and watching TV or listening to music is not the pleasure it used to be. I might as well watch a silent movie or listen to an instrumental performance rather than a song.

The only way I can follow a conversation is, if there is no background noise and the person is speaking very slowly and and enunciates very clearly.
I have seen an otolaryngologist and had ear tests done and the verdict was, loss of high-frequency hearing but, I seem to hear high musical notes quite well.

In the accident that caused my RSD I also sustained a brain-injury and I now wonder if the hearing or understanding problem is RSD related or due to the brain-injury. It seems to me that the brain does not process the input from the aural nerve fast enough and gets overwhelmed by the constant stream of signals.

If any of you have any experience with this or any ideas, I'd appreciate your input.

Thank you.

Woodsman
woodsman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-06-2009), Dew58 (08-04-2009), loretta (08-04-2009)