View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

One important thing is this:

In a study of concussions in football in the US, they came to one important conclusion.

The persons experiencing the LEAST serious concussion symtoms and were back to full physical activity the fastest were often those who reported the most persistent symtoms in long term evaluation.

This means that returning to full activity too soon after injury prolonged the healing. The people with more serious concussion symtoms were more careful with returning to full activity and gave their brains more time in the initial healing progress.

I myself had a concussion and then returned after 5 days to snowboarding. After 5 more days of stepping it up I somewhat hit the breakingpoint. This "exhaustion" was the thing that sent me into a serious 2 week of just laying in the bed with increadible fatigue etc...Now Im 1.3 years post injury and still having problems. Im really carefull with excersise.

THis beeing said...Please give yourself more time than oyu thing before returning to excersise.

Take walks in the forest etc..Good for relaxing, releasing endorfines and a somewhat good excersise.

Emil from Sweden
rydellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
limitless1 (08-05-2009)