View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurogirlfriend View Post
Thanks for the heads up about the celiacs thread, I will certainly check it out. I want to make it clear, though, that ben does NOT have celiacs disease...it was ruled out. He is extroardinarily vigilant about avoiding all food with even a hint of gluten, and yet he still has these seizure like symptoms quite often. I'm not saying there is no relationship between his diet and the symptoms, as we know that gluten does make it worse, but there is obviously a broader cause or else he would not have seizure like activity since he strictly avoids all foods containing any amount of gluten.
ah, by ruled out i presume you mean the blood tests were neg? not always accurate, and about 20% of biopsy proven celiacs are blood test neg......also blood tests are not going to dx gluten sensitivity....check out enterolab.....gluten is in so many processed food.....unless he is eating paleo....would be very hard to be totally free......also check grooming and cleaning products....pet food....your grooming products etc....
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote