Thread: Boy Interrupted
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm shocked to see this post this morning as I was going to come in and post about the same thing! What a surprise!

This was also on last evening. I saw it about 7:30 p.m. Anyone who has HBO can see it as it is on HBO Demand to view at any time.

My heart just broke. It's basically a documentary done by the parents of the boy. Their story starts all the way back filming the birth of her son and the journey they all took from that day forward.

By the end of the movie, though I knew it would end with his death, I found myself hoping against hope that he would make it. He had Bipolar II with profound depression from the time he was a little boy. Even in preschool he talked about dying.

His uncle (father's brother) had the same thing and took his life at the age of 21 or 22.

In the end, my tears were falling along with the mother describing the final moments. Still feeling the pain of it this morning I'm afraid.

A quote from Alffe's link above:
Quote:
If any of you think for even a brief second that your death would go unmarked. That people wouldn't notice or care, you need to hear the comments of those devastated by Evan's suicide. Not just his parents or his brothers or his friends, but even acquaintances, doctors and other kids at school. Each and every one of us is part of a tapestry woven together in this life and the loss of even one thread changes the fabric of the whole.

For those who doubt the ugly, reality of the emotional torment those with this disorder experience, you need to hear the video clips of Evan’s nightmare. No not a bad dream, his every day waking life.
Sigh.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-05-2009), Alffe (08-06-2009), barbo (08-04-2009), Brokenfriend (08-04-2009), GmaSue (08-12-2009), Nik-key (08-04-2009), who moi (08-11-2009)