View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I can't get diagnosed--neuropathy

Hi,

About a year ago, I started to feel tingling in my face after eating which moved to my arms, then rested in my legs. Sensations changed from tingling to crawling to burning in my shins and feet. The intensity diminished throughout the year and basically settled to where I feel it almost systemically. I had MRIs of everything, blood tests, EMGs, and even an endoscopy. Everything came out normal, including B12, glucose, etc. The only slight find was an existence of anti-glaidines which caused my neurologist to think I had celiac disease or a wheat allergey (and therefore celiac neuropathy which I understand is rare but possible). I went to a gastroenterologist and had an endoscopy after being gluten free for a month. It turned out negative so no celiac according to them.

Now I'm at a loss, still with the neuropathy that, while not severe, is enough to really bother me. Worst of all is the lack of closure and lingering thoughts that something else is wrong. I have no weakness and the only other symptom (related or unrelated) is pressure behind my eyes. However, that foggy feeling may be due to the neurontin medication I'm taking to take the edge off of the neuropathy.

Anybody have any other ideas? Thanks.

P.S. I'm an otherwise healthy 35 year old male.
neurocitizen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote