View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 09:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for answering!

Yes my doctor is not supportive. My ferritin was at 13, at which point she said that it was below normal and to take iron tablets, when I took them for 3 months and got retested it was up to 20 and she told me to stop the iron. Immediately I felt bad again but trusted what she had to say. 3 months later got retested and my ferritin dropped back to 15. I have heavy monthly bleeding. So I took it upon myself to take the iron again, even the 15 is supposedly in the "normal" range.
I was the one that asked to be tested for b12 because i had mentioned on and off numbness in my hands/feet and occasionally other place and now these electric/headrush pains, but she never acknowledged these symptoms. I guess I am worried that perhaps it is MS or some other nero condition, since everything I read was people with low b12 talking of constant symptoms and my just come and go depending on the day and conditions. My guess is my b12 is just newly dropped in the last few years for some reason.
Perhaps I need to talk with her further, but maybe in the mean time take oral supplements and see what happens.
Now my multi-vitamin has b12 in it, is it okay to take 1000 mg a day along with the b12 in the multivitamin?

thanks again for taking the time to respond

jane
jane30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote