View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb ????

Have you been evaluated for prostatitis?
You don't mention this possibility. Have you seen a urologist?

http://www.urologychannel.com/prosta...symptoms.shtml

Enlarged lymph nodes in the groin can press on nerves, and radiate to the
leg. Although prostate problems often refer to the lower back, there could
be infection still present. You did have elevated white count to begin with.

Other sources of groin pain:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003111.htm
Kidney stones can also get stuck in the ureter, and cause lower abdominal pain.

When ileus occurs, (this is when parestalsis -movement of the GI tract stops)
the most typical result is bloating, gas.

What is unclear from both of your posts, is the exact character of the GI problem. Do you have bloating? Gas? on a daily basis, which gets worse with attacks? Do you have fast transit, or typically constipation? Since you had that H.pylori...did you have pain in the upper abdomen with that? Heartburn?
Do you have diarrhea? especially after eating certain foods? Do you have cramps after eating? Do you vomit frequently? If you take opiates for pain, these will constipate you and perhaps conceal the real symptoms.

Many people after using antibiotics, require some Probiotic support. Killing off the beneficial bacteria that keep the bowel healthy, allows nasty ones to take over. Probiotics provide replacement of the good guys. Also eating a quality yogurt daily can help. Activia by Dannon, is pretty good...you should try that.
It is possible you have more than one thing going on with you. Most medical things are not so cut and dried.. that one diagnosis covers all symptoms.

I would suggest you use Lactaid whenever consuming diary. Many people can become lactose intolerant with no warning.

Since doing an elimination diet is non invasive, I agree here with others
that you should try one.
The big offenders are gluten, dairy, soy, corn, citrus. (I did a citrus elimination last spring, and discovered my arthritis improved dramatically--I no longer have daily pain in my knees). So your offender may be difficult to pinpoint.
A handy rule of thumb is to list all foods you crave or favor. In that list may be the culprit. We tend to crave that which is causing intolerance.

This is a challenge for you, and requires some commitment. I'd also suggest you keep a journal daily to log what works and does not. That helps tremendously.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote